Meal prepping has many benefits
Planning your meals ahead is a great idea, as it can save you time on preparation, as well as being more cost-efficient. The main goal however is to have ready-to-grab meals in the portions specified in the app so you're not tempted to make unhealthy choices for lack of cooking time. Feel free to visit our blog with more articles regarding meal preparation here.
Here are 5 great tips for meal prepping:
1. Invest in high-quality food containers. Make sure you get containers that are microwave-safe to allow for quick reheating.
2. Choose recipes ahead of time. If you’re embarking on a mission to meal prep more, make sure you have your 8fit meal plan set to “Meal prep, container-friendly” recipes.
3. Pick a day of the week to do your groceries. Usually, this is best done on Sunday before the work week, but find which day works best for you and print your shopping list from the app before you go shopping.
4. Prep meals for the week. Set aside time to prepare meals for the next 3-5 days. Most pre-made meals can last 3-4 days in the fridge.
5. Repeat weekly. Meal prep will soon become routine and you won’t even have to think before doing it.
Don’t let preparing meals feel like a chore – enjoy it!