Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Please ensure you have your health practitioner’s clearance, prior to beginning any exercise program.
Unfortunately, we don't offer programs for pregnancy at the moment, but we will offer them in the near future. However, you'll be able to safely perform 8fit workouts from levels 1 to 3 during your first trimester, since they don't include any jumping exercises.
Exercising is safe and benefits both you and your baby. You are likely to gain less weight and bounce back to your pre-pregnancy weight faster, labor and delivery may be easier and shorter, and you boost your baby’s brain activity.
A few tips to ensure safety for you and your baby during your exercise:
- Exercise at your exercise level. Don’t overexert yourself. Push to a level where you are still comfortable and can still hold a conversation.
1. Warm up and cool down.
2. Drink plenty of water before, during and after.
3. You will fatigue quicker. Please take breaks when you need to.
4. After the first trimester, avoid any supine (on your back) exercises. Replace with planks on forearms instead.
5. Your balance will be affected. Please use a chair or wall to stabilize.
6. Your body will produce the hormone Relaxin. Please do not lunge or squat below 90°.
IMPORTANT: Listen to your body. Look out for certain warning signs, including sharp pain, shortness of breath, faintness, vaginal bleeding, dizziness or contractions. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop exercising immediately and give your practitioner a call.
With the combination of our meal plans and workout programs, we want to help you reach your fitness goals faster and have a healthy pregnancy.
Article is closed for comments.